Study Permit



If you want to attend classes at Study Abroad Canada College for more than six months, you must:

  • apply for Student Authorization at your local Canadian Embassy or Consulate before you come to Canada.
  • present an acceptance letter from the educational institution you wish to attend
  • provide evidence of enough money to pay for tuition and living costs
  • satisfy a visa officer that you will return home at the end of your studies
  • pass a medical examination if required
  • meet other requirements for visitors, including a visa if necessary

Visitor Visa Application Criteria

After satisfying the visa officer that you meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations, and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay, you must also:

  • have enough money to maintain yourself and your dependants in Canada and to return home
  • be in good health
  • be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity
  • not plan to work in Canada
  • not be a risk to the security of Canada
  • satisfy a visa officer that you will be able to return to your country of origin or be admitted to another country after your visit
  • produce any additional documents requested by the visa officer to establish your admissibility
  • pay a non-refundable processing fee

It may take several weeks for you to receive a Student Authorization. Therefore, you should plan to apply allowing for enough time before your travel dates.

Download: Canadian Government Visa Kit Guide
For more information visit: Citizenship and Immigration Canada