How Do I Become a Homestay Family?
- Complete and submit the Homestay Application Form, including all family information, hobbies, interests etc.
- Your home will be visited for assessment to ensure it meets the requirements of our program and to be photographed for our records.
- Complete a police record check.
- Students will be matched with your home, based on availability, hobbies, interests, etc.
What’s In It For You?
- Meet people from around the world.
- Learn about different cultures.
- Learn new customs.
- Introduce students to Canadian culture.
- Extend your family and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Homestay Terms & Conditions
Please review the terms and conditions of the Homestay Program at Study Abroad Canada College:
- Provide room and board for students (1 student per room, unless otherwise requested).
- The room should have basic furniture which includes a bed, a closet, a desk or study table, a chair, and good lighting in each of the student’s rooms. Other requirements include a functional smoke alarm in the bedroom or hallway, a mattress pad and a pillow protector.
- The room(s) provided will be for the duration of the homestay period. Should a room change be necessary, please notify SACLI.
- Provide each student with a house key or code.
- Provide three healthy meals a day. Snacks should be available to students at any time.Additionally, each student will be provided with:
· Use of laundry facilities
· Daily transportation to and from SACLI
· Airport pick-up and drop-off SACLI will call to inform you of your student’s arrival time. Please pick up a welcome kit from SACLI office the week prior to the arrival of the student. If this is not possible, please contact us to make other arrangements.
- Please speak English when the students are present. This may be difficult at first, until the students become more comfortable with the language.
- SACLI is not responsible for long distance phone calls made by students or for any other expenses incurred while students stay with you.
- Please contact SACLI if difficulties arise. Our staff members are available to assist with any concerns that might occur.
- Please do not request students to babysit for you, or request students to do housework for you apart from keeping their room clean and tidying up the bathroom after use.
- SACLI’s aim is to provide learners and homestay families with an enjoyable experience.
- Homestay families will receive remuneration for this service.